Re: [Full-Disclosure] Successful in blocking all known exploits

Maarten wrote:

On Saturday 03 July 2004 18:25, J.A. Terranson wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, RandallM wrote:

After a number of years, much thought,and  long nights I have developed a
systematic method to prevent and thwart exploits on my system!

NEVER REBOOT!

up and running for 876 days straight and have had no problems

Yeah, but what about Windowz boxes?

I've seen one (pdc) alive for +- 2 years. The administrator didn't believe me when I sayd the latest issue (a stupid thing I don't remember such as no authentication possible anymore) he was facing would -probably- be solved by a reboot (My limited nt eperience is: reboot twice (at least) watch the screen with 3-4 colleagues (at least) if the issue is not solved by these 2 magic keys, spend some time but do not spend too much time trying to understand what's happening::it's usually a waste of time).

Hum, how did you guess he isn't talking about a windows box ? 8-))

Did he meant neve reboot or never boot. In the 2nd case,I guess most of you will agree. The same kind of things applys for infratructures: isn't air gap firewalls one of te most secure piece of hardware?