Re: [Full-Disclosure] Web sites compromised by IIS attack

frank, this is not a kindergarden list. this not a housewife support
list. this is a security list, this a full disclousure list. period.

It also is not a list for the benefit exclusively of people who are fortunate enough to have simple security problems. The security issues surrounding the question "how do I keep my home computer safe from attack?" are trivial compared to those surrounding the question "how do I keep the 200,000 computing devices worldwide within my organization from being owned and then attacking each other?"

Anyone with a truly complex security problem knows that it is hopeless to ever really control many computers in the presence of many people. You have no choice in a complex situation but to let things happen that you think are beneficial to you (the vendor installing patches, in this discussion) and find a way, after the fact, or periodically, to confirm that the end result was in fact beneficial to you.

Sincerely,

Jason Coombs
jasonc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.