Re: [Full-Disclosure] MD5 hash cracking service

Interesting, since MD5 hashes are supposed to be "one way", are they not?

I've often discussed setting up an "online cracking service" (think Alex
Moffet's crack seriously networked a la Beowulf with a Web interface).
Aside from the technical challenges of setting up and maintaining such
a project, the obvious issue, from a security perspective, would be trust.
For example, if I know that Alice connected from 12.3.4.5 and supplied
a hash/password, and I retained the unencrypted hash/password, would I
not now (potentially) have access to "something" (maybe accessible, maybe
privileged, maybe not) at 12.3.4.5?

Still, bravo to you for setting it up :-)

--
Gregory A. Gilliss, CISSP                              E-mail: greg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Computer Security                             WWW: http://www.gilliss.com/greg/