From: full-disclosure-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
bosborne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 10:36 PM
To: full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] LSASS exploit win32 binary

for those who are testing... a "shutdown -a" will stop it shutting down
although a manual shutdown after that displays a "You do not have
permission to shut down this computer."

tested it on 3 xp boxes without appropriate patch, all crashed.

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "Chris Scott"              |
|         |           <cscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           full-disclosure-admin@lists|
|         |           .netsys.com                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           28/04/2004 01:00 PM        |

  |        To:      <Q.Long@xxxxxxxxxx>, <full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|
  |        cc:
|
  |        Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] LSASS exploit win32 binary

Tested against Windows XP Pro without the appropriate patch, it crashes the
service and initiates a shutdown timer.