Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft's Explorer and Internet Explorer long share name buffer overflow.

I would say they lied myself... I have all patches from Windows update installed including all the optional ones... still crashes for me and still tears up the EIP and EBP. My IE advertises itself as: 6.0.2800.1106 SP1; Q837009;Q8832894:Q831167 , The OS is Win2k Server 5.00.2195 SP4.

Thus far I have been unable to locate a good unicode return address... but thats not to say there is not one there. =] . For those of you wondering smb.conf DOES allow for characters like \x90 and other things of that nature.

enjoy.

-KF

Paul Szabo wrote:

Anyway, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322857 lies when it says this is fixed in W2kSP4; or maybe that KB article refers to a different problem: it say the error should be "Access Violation", I got "Program Error".

Cheers,

Paul Szabo - psz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au:8000/u/psz/
School of Mathematics and Statistics  University of Sydney   2006  Australia

_______________________________________________ Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html