was [Full-Disclosure] Core Internet Vulnerable - News at 11:00 -= Your message to Full-Disclosure awaits moderator approval

Moderation of an un-moderated list at it's best
on an valid subject no less ....
I guess it's my bad as its not named early disclosure

So, malware below 20k ........ Ca CHING
Bet this fits whithin the 20K  ;-)
and takes what xx minutes to make it to the last victim

At 16:48 AST [1548EST] I sent David Ahmed's copy of [NISCC Vulnerability Advisory 236929: Vulnerability Issues in TCP] forwarded from the UK

Crist J. Clark wrote:

Does anyone know WTF they are trying to say in this AP article,
"Core Internet Technology Is Vulnerable,"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=562&ncid=738&e=1&u=/ap/20040420/ap_on_hi_te/internet_threat

It sounds like they are talking about a sequence number guessing
attack on TCP BGP sessions? Sequence number prediction isn't really
a new attack, but the story says,

 "Experts previously maintained such attacks could take between
  four years and 142 years to succeed because they require guessing
  a rotating number from roughly 4 billion possible combinations.
  Watson said he can guess the proper number with as few as four
  attempts, which can be accomplished within seconds."

Hmmm... Four attempts... And the story makes it sound like a cross-platform attack, not a bug in a particular OS's ISN generation.
FUD or is there something here?

I found this [below] in my in basket Luckily I sent Christ the email OFF_LINE smenard

PS BONUS POINTS:  Dr Phil can't participate
can any one tell me why I feel like swearing?
full disclosure.....................Limited of course ;-)

Your mail to 'Full-Disclosure' with the subject

Re: [Full-Disclosure] Core Internet Vulnerable - News at 11:00

The reason it is being held:

Message body is too big: 46716 bytes but there's a limit of 20 KB

notification of the moderator's decision.

_______________________________________________ Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html