RE: [Full-Disclosure] Super Worm

Sean Crawford wrote:

> Never underestimate the ignorance out in the community..

Nor their arrogance.  I had two people tell me this weekend that they had
got a virus from Windows Update.  No way would they listen to what I told
them.  And it was a complete waste of time enumerating the various attack
vectors which could lead them to believing that that was what happened.
Whatever I told them, they still refused to believe any other explanation
than that Microsoft had sent them a virus from the Windows Update site.
*sighs*

And I also encountered a person infected with Netsky.d who has no idea that
her PC could possibly be infected without "opening" the virus-carrying email
in Outlook Express.  The latter person was at least willing to listen.
Ignorance may lead to blissful end-users, but for us it's a nightmare.

Cheers,

Phil

----
Phil Randal