Re: [Full-Disclosure] Any thoughts on War-Googling?

related: http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/224

Rgds,

-F

Hi

Well, I think there is some filtering from the search engines maintainers,
that's why it isn't as known and successful as it could be. You can use
different search engines who support boolean logic (most search engines
will), like

www.teoma.com www.wisenut.com www.google.com

and search for different path's or filenames, like

C:\winnt                                WinNT/2K Default-Directory
C:\inetpub                      IIS Default-Directory
TSWeb/default.htm               Win2K Terminal Services
url:.htaccess                   HTA-Access-File
url:.htpasswd                   Password-File
url:etc AND link:passwd Password-File

And Google supports another special trick:

filetype:XLS/DOC searching for Documents

And now apply this for Scripting Paths, CGIs, Executables
and all that you can find on target servers ;-)

GreetZ from IndianZ

mailto:indianz@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.indianz.ch

On Sunday 18 April 2004 21.42, Aschwin Wesselius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there anybody who is common with the technique described in this
> article?
>
> http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=207
>
> It says something about using Google to target servers by searching
> paths to vulnerabilities.
>
> Any thoughts on that?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Aschwin Wesselius