Re: [Full-Disclosure] Super Worm

> What it says is:
>
> "Possible combined exploits of MS vulnerabilities"
>
> "It has been a very quiet day, but we are hearing rumors of possible
> 'super' exploits that may target several of the vulnerabilities
> announced by Microsoft on Tuesday. We've been contacted by an
> individual who have have been infected such an exploit, but
> investigation of this is still underway."
>

> I'm not sure that "possible 'super' exploits" - plural - translates
> literally into "super worm" - singular.

'possible super exploits' and 'super worms' are terms that press would
love. but staying in reality - even now out there is worms that are
capable exploiting several vulnerabilities at the same time:

W32.HLLW.Gaobot.AZ

The worm uses multiple vulnerabilities to spread, including:

The DCOM RPC vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026)
using TCP port 135
The RPC locator vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin
MS03-001) using TCP port 445
The WebDav vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-007)
using TCP port 80

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.gaobot.az.html

no doubt, future worms are more and more capable exploiting several
vulnerabilities
at the same time.

Willem

--