Re: [Full-Disclosure] The new Microsoft math: 1 patch for 14 vulnerabilities, MS04-011

Exibar wrote:

You might have a point there with your box Curt ;-)

  But, Windows has a nice little utility that will patch you system for you
and pop up a nice little box near the clock that says system patched too...
Windows Update works quite well actually.  Now if it was only turned full on
by default.

On 2 recent occasions that I can recall a "windows update" broke windows.

Once it disabled the NIC altogether and on another occasion it caused IE to run slower than a one legged cat, trying to bury a turd, on a frozen pond.

So as a result I no longer leave "install" by default, and instead I "download and notify" then every other day read all the "A serious blah blah -- allow attackers to take over the entire machine remotely blah blah" and manually patch

Rick

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html