Re: [Full-Disclosure] Cisco LEAP exploit tool...

--On Wednesday, April 14, 2004 03:26:16 PM -0500 Ron DuFresne <dufresne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, as I said, tunneled and encrypted, anything spewing into the 'air' needs to be kept from someone just reaching out and grabbing your data, be it wireless network traffic, wireless cameras and keyboards and mice, and this includes those sweet little nanny-cams that are actually being marketed as 'security monitors'. WEP/WAP, no matter, tunnel it if it is to really pass through your wired boundries. Or just don't allow it.

The thing that concerns me is the implication that somehow the wired network is "secure", when in fact it's plaintext in most places.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member