Re: [Full-Disclosure] Cisco LEAP exploit tool...

--On Wednesday, April 14, 2004 09:17:56 AM -0500 Ron DuFresne <dufresne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All wireless traffic should be treated as unsecured, and pushed through a DMZ/encryption tunneled setup. Puttiing wireless AP's directly on the LAN is a major blunder.

Well, that really depends, doesn't it. We're doing IPSEC using AES for wireless on a test network. It's a good deal more secure than our wired network, which is still plain text.

Or did you just assume that everyone is using WEP?

Paul Schmehl (pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member