Re: [Full-Disclosure] Trojan Horse for Mac OS X

On Apr 9, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Alerta Redsegura wrote:

From Intego's press release (April 8 2004):

"...the first Trojan horse that affects Mac OS X. This Trojan horse, MP3Concept (MP3Virus.Gen), exploits a weakness in Mac OS X where applications can appear to be other types of files..."

(http://www.intego.com/news/pr40.html)

Anyone aware of previous Trojan horses for OS X?

I had made something a little bit ago...

http://www.foist.org/modules.php? op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=52&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

It was just meant to show that a trojan was possible. It was a silly little thing to demo the concept of a Trojan to a macintosh email list I participate in. It is not harmful on purpose because it was a simple educational thing.

-Josh

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html