Re: [Full-Disclosure] Wiretap or Magic Lantern? (on PGP)

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:51:31 +0200, Maarten <fulldisc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  said:

> Them having crypto technology that is 'uncrackable' is good.
> You having cracked that without them being aware is priceless.
>     (see also: WWII, Enigma)

And in fact, the Allies intentionally allowed a large number of ships to
be torpedoed in the North Atlantic even though they knew where the
subs were, specifically to keep secret the fact that we could read Enigma
messages that told us where the subs were.....