Re: [Full-Disclosure] Wiretap or Magic Lantern?

At 02:22 PM 4/7/2004 -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

And quite frankly, I'd rather worry about living in a world where there's still
a few terrorists on the loose than 5 years from now, not being able to get on
a plane because the first paragraph of my reply has flagged me as an "enemy
of the state" in some database.

The real irony is that no amount of privacy obliteration is going to stamp out terrorism. The end result will be a virtual police state where getting onto public transport is just as dangerous, if not more so, than it is now. As Richard Forno points out in his book "Weapons of Mass Delusion," in many ways the terrorists have already won.

m5x

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html