[Full-Disclosure] Automated metadata recovery for document collections (tool release)

Hi,

After my short write-up on results of automated change tracking data
recovery for Microsoft Word documents found at microsoft.com [1], I've
received a couple of inquiries from pen-testers who asked me about the
tool I used to find the data, and stated that something like this would be
a good addition to their everyday testing methodology.

A beta version of the tool to automatically detect and index change
tracking information in a collection of Word documents published on a
website (or stored on disk, mounted via SMB/NFS, etc) is now available for
download:

  http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/soft/therev.tgz

If there is enough interest, I'll try to maintain this tool and add
options to gather all other types of security-relevant metadata (such as
usernames, MAC addresses and whatnot) as well.

Regards,
mz

[1] http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/strikeout/

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.