Re: [Full-Disclosure] FD should block attachments

> Did you ever consider that people in some parts of the world pay by the
> byte or by the time they're online, and attachments, especially large ones
> *and* html email cost them money personally?

I have to agree here.  There are some who would say that email was never
intended as a means to transfer files.  It is a very impolite way of
getting a group of people a file.  Sending a link, is much more
considerate to the subscribers and to those hosting the list.

I don't know if blocking all attachments is the answer here, since doing
that would block many signatures, but perhaps it would be worthwhile to
block all but a couple of mime types.

tim

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html