RE: [Full-Disclosure] Block notification / bounce mails (as in DDOS)

   first off, the From: header would not normally be the one emails get
> bounced to.  rather, it would be the "MAIL FROM" envelope header.  in
> any case, my 'solution' would be to temporarily drop all mail destined
> to this deluged account to /dev/null and set up a new account for the

/dev/null will still consume all the network traffic

> busted user.  you could alternatively set up a "user relocated" reply on
> the server or just kill the account altogether and send responses of "no
> such local user".  you get the general idea.  not a great solution, but

what you can do is when the connecting server issues a mail from: to your
server just drop the mail, so your connection will start to open up and the all
the bandwidth will still be free because the most bw consuming data part will
never be passed to your server

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.