Re: [Full-Disclosure] Bugfinder Being Indicted As Criminal ("Counterfeiter") in France

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:43:22 CST, Paul Schmehl said:

> WRT the DMCA, I hope you understand that's simply the enabling legislation
> for the US version based upon the world-wide treaty (<http://www.wipo.int/>
> ) that your country (and 179 other ones -
> <http://www.wipo.int/about-wipo/en/members/member_states.html>) also signed
> and agreed to enforce?  (Not that agreement of the entire world

Yes, but *we* did it *better*.  The other countries at least had the sense to
include their version of "fair use" as an exemption, whereas we said that the
circumvention clause applies even if we're circumventing a feature to get at
data that we have a fair use right to access.