Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Internet Explorer URL parsing vulnerabi lity

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:36:41AM -0800, Jim Race wrote:
> Check that. With Moz 1.5:
>
> Opening in a new *TAB* takes one to MS. Clicking the link takes one to
> /. with "http://www.microsoft.com%01@slashdot.org/"; in the address bar.
>
> That's odd.

Not all that odd.  Take a look at the source for that link:

onclick="location.href=unescape('http://www.microsoft.com%01@slashdot.org/');return
 false;">

The link actually _is_ to microsoft initially, but the onclick
handler changes it to microsoft%01@slashdot.  If you hit it without
triggering the onclick handler (say, by middle-clicking to open it in
a new tab), then going to microsoft is to be expected.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html