Re: [Full-Disclosure] Implications of outsourcing email

Hi!

> > Question: Why don't more companies do this to authenticate their commercial
> > opt-in email????
>
> Chicken. Egg.
>
> Not enough companies do that to make it worth checking for.  For that matter,
> even at this site our outbound mail doesn't emit from anything that our MX
> points at (for a good reason - our MX's point at stuff optimized for catching
> inbound mail, the outbound gate is set up to do outbound).
>
> In any case, if I was outsourcing a mailing to 500K or 1M people (and
> companies
> like Microsoft could easily have *legitimate* customer lists of 50M or more),
> the *LAST* thing I'd want is for the outsourcing company to funnel all 1-50M
> pieces of mail through my outbound gateway - that leaves *ME* sitting on all
> the stuff that gets queued up rather than leaving it sitting on the
> outsourcing
> company's server.

But they could provide some legit forward DNS pointers so it LOOKS
legit. Thats not too much asked isnt it ?

And not some reverse bulk-hosting.com.thing alike one.

Bye,
Raymond.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html