[Full-Disclosure] Administrivia: Off-topic Posts

Hi

The recent influx of subscriptions to the list has resulted in a
number of off-topic posts that clearly violate the list charter.
(Please see http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html).

As the charter is traditionally posted on the 9th of every month, I
felt I should address this issue ahead of time and outline what Len
and I are doing to prevent noise and off-topic threads on FD.

Initially, list members may post unrestricted and unconstrained,
there is no moderation. Posts from non-members are added to a queue
and approved or rejected by Len and myself based on their relevance.

If an individual is identified as consistently violating the charter
or otherwise being disruptive, they will be added to a list of users
that require moderation, and receive email notifying them of their
off-topic behaviour. If off-topic posts continue, we will not approve
these messages; conversely if the standard of posts improves, then
full list member status will be restored.

We do not wish to restrict or censor the flow of information adhering
to the list charter, so we feel that this system is a fair compromise.
However, we urge other subscribers to refrain from public reply and
commentary to these off-topic posts and thank you for your patience
whilst we deal with offenders.

As always, you can contact us at johnc@grok.org.uk and len@netsys.com,
and we welcome your comments off-list.

Cheers