RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: Yahoo Instant Messenger YAUTO.DLL buffer overflow

At 10:02 PM 12/4/2003 -0500, Kristian Hermansen wrote:
You are censoring your child's freedom of speech based on your own problem in dealing with the fact the society generally does not "accept" this sort of language. Good for you, I hope your child becomes another upstanding citizen of our US population, unaware of the world around them, conforming to their leaders (aka you, the father - later the prez) and not questioning authority.

Sigh. Spoken like a true teenager. Study the history of the 1960s for even a few minutes and you'll realize that my generation blazed the trail for your idealism (yep, I'm a whole lot older than 20). While I don't expect you to listen, let me state here for the record that (hopefully) someday you'll understand that idealism must be tempered with pragmatism in order to be effective. Shouting "down with the establishment" is all well and good, but eventually, whether you like it or not, you'll become that very establishment. Then *you'll* have to deal with people like you. I hope I'm there to see it.

m5x

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html