Re: [Full-Disclosure] Yahoo Instant Messenger YAUTO.DLL buffer overflow

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 12:06:56AM -0800, Tri Huynh wrote:
> Yahoo Instant Messenger YAUTO.DLL buffer overflow
>
> PROGRAM: Yahoo Instant Messenger (YIM)
> HOMEPAGE: http://messenger.yahoo.com
> VULNERABLE VERSIONS: 5.6.0.1347 and below

I have checked my sysem and it appears that my installation of YIM
does not include a YAUTO.DLL.  Judging by your description of the
issue being an ActiveX problem, I must suspect that only Windows
versions of YIM are affected.  In future reports, you may wish to
indicate the relevant operating system(s) along with the "vulnerable
versions", as failing to do so can only harm your credibility.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html