[Full-Disclosure] RE: Popular Net anonymity service back-doored

> Only a fool would blindly depend on someone else's software to gain
> anonymity without examining the code.  If you need anonymity, then you
> should easily be willing to invest sweat equity, or have a contractual
> arrangement when the threat is only financial.  For more serious
> threats requiring anonymity, not reviewing the source when it is
> available seems beyond stupid.

	I'm 100% with you up to now.

> I could unserstand your ire if you
> were one of our clients, but this was a free service wasn't it?

	But now you're teetering on insanity. I get a ride home from a pub, but the
driver instead of taking me home takes me to a dark alley and beats me to a
pulp. My ire at the betrayal of trust should be based upon whether and how
much I paid the driver?!

	If you think purchased business loyalty is more reliable, and provokes a
more painful betrayal, than loyalty freely offered out of principled
devotion to a common cause, you're not in touch with the same reality I am.
This is a case of betrayal among people who thought they were engaged in a
common cause of principle.

	DS

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html