Re: [Full-Disclosure] securing php

--On Tuesday, August 19, 2003 20:10:48 -0400 Michael Gale
<michael@bluesuperman.com> wrote:
>#
> User nobody
> Group #-1
> </IfModule>
> </IfModule>
> --snip--
>
> I am not sure if the windows version has this option - it may have
> something similar.

I'm not sure why you would *want* to run Apache on Windows, but I'm certain
that it would have the same options as *nix where possible.  If you're
insistent in running a web server on Windows, Apache is probably the better
choice, though.

The problem with Windows is that the concept of running servers as
unprivileged users or starting a daemon as root and then dropping
privileges doesn't correspond one to one with the *nix security model.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member