Re: [Full-Disclosure] east coast powergrid / SCADA [OT?]

> The theory that the Blackout event started by power generation
> loss (downed transmission lines) at a Cleveland plant is a
> little better then the lightning bolt Canada theory, but still
> inconsistent with the technical aspects of the Grids automated
> fault protection and power load balancing systems.

Rumor has it that the blackout started because a tree fell on some power
lines in Walton Hills Ohio, not normal power lines as the word I heard is
that there was lightening shooting 25ft from the lines and a ball of
lightening that blew trees apart and another that blew or melted a hole in
the road.

Sounds like the kind of outage that could cause a significant imbalance in
the system to me.

Geo.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html