Re: [Full-Disclosure] MS should point windowsupdate.com to 127.0.0.1

> BTW, guys, the box was secured over a year ago.  Blaster never got it,
> neither did Slammer, Code Red, Nimda, or any of the others.  I really
> *wasn't* asking for help.  I was *trying to get you to think before
opening
> your mouth and insulting two thirds of the readers of this list.  Sadly,
> I'm not sure it worked.

Paul,
Yours was EXACTLY the scenario for which HOGWASH - a filtering proxy based
on snort - was written.  The hogwash project was eventually due to be folded
back into the mainline snort code base.  I don't know if this has happened
yet.

http://hogwash.sourceforge.net/docs/overview.html

--
Jeremiah Cornelius