Re: [Full-Disclosure] DDos counter measures

Try some other tests using no A record for windowsupdate.com in your local zone,
you will notice that the damages are even smaller doing that instead of localhost (127.0.0.1).

Gael

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 08:04:54PM +0200, Laurent LEVIER wrote:
> All,
>
> Since our IntraNet solves all its DNS queries through internal caches
> (mandatory bottleneck), we created windowsupdate.com &
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com zones in this bottleneck DNS. These are
> resolving to 127.0.0.1 with DNS wildcards.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html