Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: [Dshield] new msblaster on the loose?

Interesting phenomenon emerging:

We have noticed in our log aggregators that some of the same hosts yesterday
that were doing port 135 scans... today seem to be doing some port 1026
scans.  This is a listener port for MS Messenger.  List follwers will
remember that this has been used as an avenue for spammers to send "pop-up"
alerts on users desktops.

farm9 (the InfoSec group I work for) is keeping an eye on this - we
correlate syslog, winlog, IDS and firewall data from a dozen or so
enterprises.

Has anybody spotted similar activity?  It would be interesting to see if
this is a new worm iteration.  Maybe sombody clever has figured they can
deliver MSSBlast.exe or phallus32.exe via Messenger.

I have already noticed curious folks that find that they can bind to a shell
on 4444, and are now fiddling around here - for a minute or so... ;-)

--
Jeremiah Cornelius, CISSP, CCNA, MCSE, Debianaut
farm9 Security

"What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half
hour?"
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html