From: "Gabe Arnold" <f0x@squirrelsoup.net>
To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] what to do

> Don't use windose sounds like a solution to me...
> * Justin Shin (zorkshin@tampabay.rr.com) wrote:
> > Hi All --
> >
> > My cousin recently got a nasty RPC/DCOM worm and she cannot use Windows
update because when the RPC is shutdown, SYSTEM automatically initiates a
shutdown of the computer as you are all aware of. What is the best solution
to keep data files intact while removing this worm? I have tried going to
the Registry Run, no entries ar ethere besides legitimate startup stuff. Any
suggestions?