Re: [Full-Disclosure] ISS Security Brief: "MS Blast" MSRPC DCOM Worm Propagation (fwd)

> I don't know if this covers what's already been said about DCOM worms...

[snip]
> > Impact:
> >
> > Any vulnerable desktop or server connected to the Internet may be
> > vulnerable to attack. All Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows NT 4.0
> > computers that have not been patched are vulnerable to attack from the
> > automated worm, or manual attack. X-Force believes that hundreds of
> > thousands of computers may still be vulnerable. Unsuccessful propagation
> > attempts may crash vulnerable computers, or render them unstable.
> > Successful worm outbreaks have been known to cause significant localized
> > network latency, and widespread denial of service.
[snip]

This is not accurate.  For one, Windows 2000 is the only platform the worm
is spreading to, and for two, Windows Server 2003 is also impacted.  As it
is no longer a trial OS, I would have expected to see it in ISS' listing as
well.  Minor, but worth noting, no less.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html