Re: [Full-Disclosure] Reacting to a server compromise

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, David Hayes wrote:

> Our old standby, "dd", is perfectly acceptable for making an image of
> a hard drive to be used in court.  It's even the #1 choice of the FBI,
> and accepted by U.S. federal courts.  From the trial court order on
> admission of evidence in the case of Zacarias Moussaoui (the accused
> 20th hijacker of 9/11):

Interesting, I would have thought that the original was required for the
courts, and that forensics was conducted on the copy.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html