Re: Re: Checkpoint SYN DoS Vulnerability

Chris,

  You may be correct that SYN flood protection is somehow being triggered,
although Sanjay says he has SYNdefender disabled.

  However, it should be possible to configure the FW to allow scanning through
without triggering this behavior. We have done it a few times with ours and
(while we have seen increased FW CPU utilization) never seen this sort of
differing results.

  IMHO its not a *feature* if the FW responds differently at different times to
the same stimulus unless you have it configured to do so
... now *That* could be cool ...
#enable
  if <define your stimulus here>
    respond with random packet