Re: Office 10 applications & flashdrives can be used to browse restricted drives

>VENDOR RESPONSE
>This issue was reported to Microsoft on Feb 11, 2005, acknowledged by
>support, and as of today our best efforts to get a hotfix (or even a
>commitment to produce a hotfix at some later date) have been fruitless.

You believe that Microsoft should release a hotfix for this vulnerability,
although a service pack allegedly fixes it. This does not make sense to me and
only seems like an attempt by you to bash Microsoft and make yourself look
"powerful". Service packs are released to fix large quantities of
vulnerabilities such as this one and releasing hotfixes for each individual
vulnerability fixed by a service pack would require large sums of money and
time. Seriously, people, cut Microsoft some slack. They're doing the best they
can.

Paul
http://greyhatsecurity.org