To: <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:52 PM
Subject: Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor

By adding a new key to the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/Services/SharedAccess/Parameters/FirewallPolicy/StandardProfile/AuthorizedApplications/List you can circumvent the whole purpose of the firewall with out the users interaction or knowledge. Spyware / Adware manufacturer's are already do this.

More information and a little rant at:
http://habaneronetworks.com/viewArticle.php?ID=144

-- Jay Calvert HabaneroNetworks.com