Re: Format String Vulnerability in Valve's CS-Source

> if u type '%n' (without ') to in-game-console, your game crashes
> instantly.
>
> So far, i was not able, to do this remotely with rcon %n e.g., but this
> does not mean, it is not possible.

If this is the same bug I reported over one year ago
http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/hlclientfs-adv.txt probably Valve has not
patched it yet or something similar (I don't play with Half-Life from
years).

About exploitation, the only method I found was versus the connected clients
using the "Unknown command" reply sent by the server directly to them.

BYEZ

---
Luigi Auriemma
http://aluigi.altervista.org