Re: Diebold Global Election Management System (GEMS) Backdoor Acc ount Allows Authenticated Users to Modify Votes

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:22:34PM -0400, David F. Skoll said:

> But that's not good enough.  Anyone capable of voting is capable of
> understanding how to mark an X on a ballot, and the process of
> securing, counting and validating the votes.  (This is the system we
> use in Canada.)  And I direct complaints from anyone who says it will

That's easy for you to say; your country has the population of
California.  It doesn't scale to 10 times that size.  It's error-prone.
It discourages the bed-ridden, the sick, and the disabled from voting.
It requires a lot more people to do the counting, and those people must
either be paid or incompetent, in the numbers needed.

The United States can either have some form of electronic voting, or
dispense with the national popular vote for President entirely again.

--
Shawn McMahon      | Let's set the record straight. There is no argument
EIV Consulting     | over the choice between peace and war, but there is