From: Barry Fitzgerald [mailto:bkfsec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:19 PM
To: vvaduva@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Polazzo Justin; pressinfo@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Diebold Global Election Management System (GEMS) Backdoor
Account Allows Authenticated Users to Modify Votes

vvaduva@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Well now you are getting assinine and political!  If that's the case,
>why would I trust my democrat baker with making non-poisoned bread for
>me?  The problem is technical not political!  e-voting is
>CRAP...insecure, inaccurate.  Stick with what works, i.e. paper
>ballots.  They are cheap, accountable and hard to fake.

The problem is both technical and political.  The political impacts the
technical -- the technical aspect doesn't exist in a bubble.

Likewise, I wouldn't trust a voting machine that was created by a
company whose executives promised elections to democrats.

I wasn't making a point about the party, I was making a point about the
appearance of partisanship.  Voting machine companies should be
inherently non-partisan.

             -Barry