Re: Posible security bug in phpMyWebhosting

Hallo bugtraq,

* Udo Mueller schrieb [20-08-04 09:31]:
> begin  * Daniel Souza schrieb [20-08-04 02:01]:
> >
> > may your server is configured with magic_quotes disabled, so, the " is not
> > slashed and we have a basic sql injection. Im not sure because I have not
> > seen the source codes to say that, but it's what looks like. Is there a
> > addslashes in the code ?
>
> In Debian magic_quotes = On is standard.
>
> I should add addslashes in the code. Thank you!

At our website https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=85616
is a patch for PHPMyWebHosting v0.3.4 available, which now reads the
login forms and makes some checks on the data and closes sql
injection at login screen.

Next release version will be 0.5.0 where all data is checked against
several mysql and php functions to avoid sql injection.

Regards Udo
--
PHPMyWebHosting main developer