From: Dan Pixley [mailto:danpixley@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 8:10 AM
To: exploits@xxxxxxxx; bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IE, Firefox, Opera DoS

Tested this in Mozilla 1.7.2 and Epiphany 1.2.6 in Linux (kernel 2.6.8,
Gentoo, Gnome 2.6.2).

Each browser comes up with a warning about running the script.  The user
can chose to run it or not.  Either way, a dialog box reloads over and
over until the main window is forced closed with xkill.

Dan Pixley

>     Browser DoS through viewing of a malicious page that repeatedly loads
iframes of C:\Windows\System32 using 100% cpu
>     Tested on Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3, Opera 7.54 and IE 6.0 - Opera gives
the error "The address type is unknown or unsupported" over and over