Re: First vulnerabilities in the SP2 - XP ?...

On Monday 16 August 2004 15:58, Jérôme ATHIAS wrote:
> http://www.heise.de/security/artikel/50051

This basically tells the user to open CMD and then execute the attachment
in command line. Now, someone has to be really, really dumb to do that.

The good point here is that people don't know what CMD is and might be
reluctant to do something they do not understand. I wouldn't say this is
SP2 vulnerability, it might just be that noone tought about such an
exploit. However, I think it doesn't have to do with Microsoft, but with
less than average IQ of some users. There's no company, not Microsoft, not
IBM, not Linux nor BSD, that can make a 100% foolproof system.

This might be SP2 bug only if the same bug can't be repeated on pre-SP2
machine. Didn't test, but I think this is an old trick. Anyone care to
test it?

--
Radoslav Dejanović
Operacijski sustavi d.o.o.