Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft's Explorer and Internet Explorer long share name buffer overflow.

This crashed IE 5.0.3700.1000 on Win2k SP4

Both the EBP and EIP were overwritten with 0x00410041.
ESP holds the Share name as passed by the server.
ESI holds   servers.ip\sharename (tolowered)

I guess its unicode ninjitsu time.

-KF

Milan 't4c' Berger wrote:

Hello,

I expierenced the same like Daniel.
Windows 2k all hotfixes and patches installed.
Machine doesn't crash, just gave me the error
message "share name not found"

Tested on german Windows 2000 pro SP4/IE6
tested with Windows Explorer.

Regards, Milan

Daniel Regalado Arias wrote:

Well, i have tested it in W2k with sp3 and explorer
didnt get crashed!!!!!!!

Well, i cant get into the share because a message
appears saying "share name not found"!!!!

But, explorer is OK.

--- Rodrigo Gutierrez <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió: > Sunday afternoon is a bit boring, and weather sucks

down here in Santiago,
Chile so here we go...
The vuln is attached in TXT format, I would be
gratefull if someone could
verify if it affects windows 2003 as well.

Rodrigo.-

Microsoft Explorer and Internet Explorer Long

Share

Name Buffer Overflow.