Re: Apache - all versions vulnerability in OLD procesors.

Once upon a time, Adam Zabrocki <pi3ki31ny@xxxxx> said:
> This is fine, assuming that we have 32 bits CPU, and sizeof(unsigned
> long) equals 4. So 4*16=64.  There is no guarantee that on some archs
> unsigned long is going to stay 32 bit width. When it's either longer
> or shorter (I am not sure if long can be 16 bits long, but possibly
> ANSI C standart doesn't say anythin about it's length in bits).

In ANSI C the basic types are not defined in terms of bits, however
there is a minimum magnitude required.  An unsigned long is supposed to
hold at least 4294967295, which is 2^32-1.  On most normal platforms,
that means an unsigned long must be at least 32 bits.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>