Re: After Ms patches last Wed ...

> I had a different issue after Wednesdays updates.  Two win2k computers
in
> my office were rendered useless after the patch.  They were fine
before,
> but as soon as the patch finished and the PC was rebooted, the CPU
usage
> was 100% and nothing could be done.  I left both PC's sitting for about
20
> minutes and the 100% CPU usage never came down.  Another coworker said
he
> had the same issue with his home PC and he was eventually able to get
into
> the task manager and noticed that the system process was taking up
99-100%
> of the CPU.
>
> Anyone else experience this issue?

I have experienced this issue, eventually I was able to uninstall the
patch, the specific one that caused it was KB835732.  According to some
information I found using Google it makes a difference if the Secondary
IDE Channel's Device 1 is set to use DMA if available as a transfer mode
instead of PIO Only.  I'm not sure just how valid this is because I have
not tried, but I would be interested to know if anyone managed to get
this fixed after installing the patch.  I'm not happy about having to
leave my system vunerable right now.

Andy