Re: Full-Disclosure is now ILLEGAL in France ! (Vulnerabilties, Technical details, Exploits ...)

On 8 Apr 2004, K-OTiK Security wrote:

> A new anti-security law was voted yesterday in France, this law called LEN
> (loi pour la confiance dans l'économie numérique), the article 34 with his
> 323-3-1 says :
>
> "The fact, without legitimate reason, of holding, of offering, of
> yielding or of placing at the disposal equipment, instrument, a
> data-processing or program conceived or especially adapted to
> make the facts envisaged by articles 323-1 to 323-3 is punished sorrows
> planned respectively for the infringement itself or the infringement
> most severely repressed."
>
> Translation :
>
> - having or distributing exploit code and/or detailed vulnerability
> information and/or information about hacking techniques, is ILLEGAL.
> - having or distributing hacking/security tools, scanners, pen testers, or
> technical white papers is ILLEGAL.
> - magazines and websites distributing security information about
> vulnerabilities or exploits are ILLEGAL.
>
> pathetic !
>
> the term "hold...without legitimate reason" replaced the the presumption of
> innocence by the "presumption of culpability", it means : "Any person
> handling exploits/viruses (researcher,consultant,hacker or kiddie) is guilty,
> and is in an illegal situation which could lead him to be charged - And if
> you are charged, YOU have to prove that you are
> innocent"
>
> Send us our "green cards" - thanks !
>
> K-OTik Staff /// http://www.k-otik.com

     This is and always has been in the Napoleonic Code if I remember
correctly from my school days.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Why do I even bother?
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |  Me