Re: Internet Explorer and Opera local zone restriction bypass

All:

Macromedia is dedicated to protecting the security of our customers, and we are
taking steps to resolve this issue.

To summarize, the Flash Player stores cookies in a somewhat predictable
location (assuming the username can be guessed), and some of the contents are
stored as plain text. While this is not in itself a directly exploitable
vulnerability, an exploit can be created in combination with a security flaw in
the browser. Macromedia will therefore make changes so that browser
vulnerabilities of this nature cannot be exploited using the Flash Player.

Once an updated Flash Player is available, we will post the new software and
notify both our customers and the BugTraq community with this information.

Any questions can be directed to <mailto:secure@macromedia.com>
secure@macromedia.com.

Regards,
-was-