Re: Gaim festival plugin exploit

>>>>> "HCTITS" == HCTITS Security Division <security@humancentrictech.com>
>>>>> writes:

HCTITS> DUH... would help if I attached my attachment.

Is this is repeat?  I'm going to repeat myself then.

YOUR FIX DOES NOT HELP.  Please use my posted fix.

>> system("echo \"$string\" | /usr/bin/festival --tts");

Replace this with

        open FEST, "|/usr/bin/festival --tts";
        print FEST $string, "\n";
        close FEST;

No shells involved.  Only DOS exploits and maybe the usual
C-language overflows in festival itself.