RE: What software breaks because of this DNS feature?

+---------- On Oct 14, Michael Wojcik said:
| As I read the grammar given by RFC 1034 (Domain Names) in 3.5,

The grammar specifies only the "preferred name syntax".  Section 3.1
clearly allows dot-terminated names:

    When a user needs to type a domain name, the length of each label is
    omitted and the labels are separated by dots (".").  Since a complete
    domain name ends with the root label, this leads to a printed form which
    ends in a dot.  We use this property to distinguish between:

       - a character string which represents a complete domain name
         (often called "absolute").  For example, "poneria.ISI.EDU."